- 2/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- tablespoon milk alternative or water (I use coconut milk.)
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, but it totally makes the cookie, IMO)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). In a large bowl combine vegan butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until nice and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and your milk alternative and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with baking paper and drop cookies onto the sheet by the spoonful. (I use a tablespoon to insure cookies equality because kids.) Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove to a plate or wire rack if you're fancy for another 10 minutes to cool completely.
- Or just grab a spoon and dive right into that dough. No judgement.
- Some things you might want to try:
A little orange zest //
Minced candied ginger //
Letting the dough rest for an hour or so in the fridge //
All good ideas but totally up to you.